FHIR queries can be complicated, but they start simple.
These five queries demonstrate the basics of FHIR search. Building a query, filtering, sorting, and including connected resources.
Click the links to see the results straight away on the HAPI test server.
1. Get the 20 most recently updated Patients
2. Get a list of recently updated Procedures with a status of ‘in-progress’
3. Get the most recently written MedicationRequest (prescription) for Hydrocortisone
4. Include the Patient with that MedicationRequest
5. Get all FHIR resources related to that Patient
You can build on these queries to add more parameters and return more resources.
And best of all, you can test your queries on the HAPI FHIR server for free. No signup required.
Sign up to “The Tuesday FHIR Sessions” and receive an email every Tuesday where I go deep on a single FHIR topic.